WaveCams® is able to measure wave parameters in near real time, in addition to beach morphology.
By filming the breaking of the waves, WaveCams® detects the height and period and, thanks to an orthoprojection process, their direction.
These measurements allow a series of hydrodynamic parameters to be observed at a high frequency:
- Sea state (wave height, wave period and direction).
- Breaking point
- Energy dissipation
Some indicators linked to the wave overtopping risk can be produced: dike overtopping, highest sea level reached (Run-up).
Depending on your needs:
- Support to modelization with local data
- Protection structures sizing
- Characterize the impact of storm events on protection structures
- Prevent and raise awareness on wave overtopping risks
Topography / Bathymetry